Spofforth School is a Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School administered by the Local Education Authority of North Yorkshire County Council. The school was founded in 1847 by James Tripp, Rector of Spofforth. A stone plaque above one of the old cloakroom doors commemorates his death in 1879. The main building was constructed at about this time.
During the 1960’s, with the expansion of the village, the schoolhouse was amalgamated into the main building and additional classrooms were constructed. The school expanded further with the closure of Kirk Deighton School in 1993 and we now welcome children from the surrounding area for whom transport is provided by NYCC.
A new school hall and link buildings were constructed in 1998. In January 2009 the Foundation stage Unit opened for Nursery age children. Following consultation in the summer of 2015 the Federation of Follifoot and Spofforth CE Primary Schools came into effect on 15th October 2015. The creation of an additional classroom in the form of a mezzanine floor in the Victorian school building has created much needed extra space and facilitated further ICT provision for classes.
The school and outside play areas continue to be equipped thanks to the generosity of the PTA and other village organisations.
We warmly welcome visits to our school which can be arranged through Mrs Moor in the school office.